1998 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- could it maybe be as simple as a new radiator cap?
- The place where the anti- freeze goes does not hold. and it does not leak!help
- it will sit all night then the next day it will give me a hard time starting
- I have a 1998 Beetle that the AC compressor will not kick in.
- Where is the fuel sensor , and does it do when it's bad ?
1998 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
1998 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
so it over heats. I must put anti-freeze in it every day!
but I still having the problem. I can't find where antifreeZE IS GOING. help me ty email@example.com
now it will not hold any water.Im afraid to drive it>what is wrong??
1998 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
1998 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
Car interior is small. Cupholders do not work well for any drinks. No armspace. Brakes wear out quickly. Drive train takes a while to shift or pick up speed. The electrical system seems to malfunction randomly. Bulbs are often replaced. The engine gets extremely hot. The air intake system seems to always need cleaning. The suspension leaves a lot to be desired. I feel like I am intensely hittin...
I owe a 1998 VW Beetle in wish i loved, when it was in good conditions i drove it for 1 year than everything started to fall apart. I replaced the motor, changed the radiator,double cooling fans, thermostat, timing belt. cat. converters, did a complete 2 times tune ups in 6 months, changed the cables and all, water pump starter, and still check engine on. the interior started breaking, door pan...
mother in law sold the car to us this june 2011, 1998 red beettle 26k ,bad part she stop driving a few years back, so far driver side window motor $350.00, rear brakes,capiler $200.00,alarm system sounds at any time whem locked.#400.00 for plastic cover under the engine.no fun