1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Erratic turn signal operation can be a result of a failing turn signal flasher relay which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI Questions
found a puddle of light wt oil under the car. it is not engine oil. the car has over 200,000 miles on it. what could it be?
This is the first time the radio stopped working. What is the location of the fuse in the fuse panel.
This is the first time the radio does not work. I misplaced the manules for the car. It would be helpfull if you could tell me the location of the fuse as it relates to the fuse holder. Thank you for your help with this problem.
1999 Volkswagen Beetle TDI Reviews
I purchased my 1999 New Beetle used in 05. It has been a wonderful and faithful vehicle. It has approximately 300,000 km on it and still runs and rides well. There has been regular maintenance issues but nothing that has been costly to fix. I find that small issues with the beetle are the most frustrating. I have been having troubles with my turn signals for the past 3-4 years and no one s...