2005 Toyota Tundra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Toyota Tundra
- when replacing maintenance timing belt, do you need to repleace water pump as a general rule?
- Power door locks work great using switches on door ,but not fobs from a distance
- ac button on dash blinks and ac will not cool
- battery was dead for 12 hours when i replaced battery truck is not running right
- 2005 tundra randomly switches in out of overdrive
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2005 Toyota Tundra Problems
The V8 models can experience exhaust manifold failures. A leaking exhaust manifold will sound like an exhaust leak or an audible ticking noise from the engine compartment and will be especially pronounced when the engine is still cold.
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. There are two separate recalls combined here, one applies to 2002-2004 and the second to 2004-2006 Models. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
The AIR Pump (or otherwise know as the smog pump in the old days) that preheats the cadilidic converters by running for 1 minute after engine start will fail. It produces a P1445 or P14442 error. I have two of these vehicles and both have failed at around 100K miles. The cause is the foam inside the pump deteriorates and gets in the hi speed fan. That burns out the DC motor that runs it. The cost of this pump is $1200 plus $800 labor because i...
2005 Toyota Tundra Questions
Bought new fob,replaced batteries on others but fobs work when directly beside truck, not from any distance. Once in a while they work as they should.. thanks for any help.
truck dies when i stop when it is ideling it sounds different what could the battery being dead that long do to the computer
2005 Toyota Tundra Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in southern Florida, along the Gulf Coast, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan and American Samoa. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator to correct this concern. If a replacement inflator is not available, as an interim measure, the dealer will disable the front passenger air bag and advise the customer not to use the front passenger seat until a replacement inflator is installed.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.