2006 Toyota Tacoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Toyota Tacoma
- new battery, sometimes starts, sometimes not. It usually starts the next day.
- when I try to bleed brakes, the two right sides will not spit out fluid,as left
- Engine Vibrating under load and feels like it is loosing power when accelerating
- four wheel drive not working whats the cost of fixing it
- My 2006 Tacoma 4x4 4 liter engine that the heater is not warming up.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Toyota Tacoma Problems
The amber front running lights, located in the head light assembly may melt or crack their lens. The correction at this time is to replace the head light assembly.
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. This recall applies to 2001-2004 models only. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
2006 Toyota Tacoma Questions
Runs for a week then nothing again. Changed fuel pump relay. Flushed fuel system. Nothing shows up on diag test
When the truck is under any load, accelerating or going up a hill, it feels like the engine is struggling/vibrating and I get the sense of lack of power. It sounds like when you are driving over a roughly paved road that has those ice grooves in it.
my 2006 toyota tacoma four wheel drive is not working
2006 Toyota Tacoma Recalls
If the access doors are repeatedly and forcefully closed, over time the screws attaching the seat belt pre-tensioner to the seat belt retractor can loosen. If the screws loosen completely, the seat belt pre-tensioner and the retractor spring cover could detach from the seat belt retractor. If this were to occur the seat belt pre-tensioner will not perform as designed, increasing the risk of injury in a severe crash. Dealers will inspect the seat belt assembly and the screws will be secured or the seat belt assembly will be replaced as necessary.
Over time, vibration of the steering wheel while driving may damage the spiral cable assembly (clockspring). This is the electrical connection between the driver's airbag and the vehicle wiring harness. If damage occurs, the airbag warning lamp will illuminate and the driver's airbag may become deactivated. In the event of a crash, the driver's airbag may not deploy as expected, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the clockspring assembly to correct this concern.
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.
2006 Toyota Tacoma Reviews
I see others had a problem with the air conditioner. At 65K miles, my compressor went. $2400 to fix it. My guess is that this is a common problem and I'd like to see Toyota step up. This is my third Toyota and first major problem. Other than that, it has been excellent purchase but the "bullet proof reputation for reliability" mentioned in advertisements is suspect at this point!
40,000 miles with only 3 short seasons of air conditioning and the air conditioner no longer works. Cost $200 at Toyota to tell me this. Then another $2,800 to repair!!
Great truck. Never had a problem.