2004 Toyota Tacoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Toyota Tacoma
- Is my truck affected by Ball Joint recall
- Hesitation when trying to accelerate. What needs to be replaced?
- 180,000 mi on Tacoma, not sure what service done. what service do i need to do
- If there is oil on top of the spark plug in the second cylinder around the coil
- P0118 code. vehicle is hard to start. turns over well and finally starts.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2004 Toyota Tacoma Problems
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. This recall applies to 2001-2004 models only. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
2004 Toyota Tacoma Questions
what service do i need to have done
steam is there any seals that i need to replace or could it be the valve cover gasket only?
i added seafoam and took it out on the road and it runs fine. is there anything i can do or do i need to replace the module
2004 Toyota Tacoma Recalls
Vehicles currently registered, or first sold in states where salt is used to de-ice the roads, are being recalled because a metal plate which helps secure the spare tire may rust excessively and break. This rust condition is a result of an insufficient coating of anti-corrosion material during the manufacturing process. If the plate were to break, the spare tire would come loose and fall from the vehicle while driving. Toyota is currently developing a remedy for this recall and will notify owners of affected vehicles when the remedy is in place. This is expected during December of 2012.
Toyota has recalled 2001-2004 Tacoma, 2002-2004 Tundra and Sequoia, and 2001-2002 4Runner models because the surface of the lower ball joints may have been scratched during assembly, which may have compromised their integrity. The ball joints may loosen and fall out and the driver may experience a loss of steering control. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints.
On eight vehicles, the driver's side seat belt had incorrect markings and did not meet the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard. No vehicles were sold to consumers.
2004 Toyota Tacoma Reviews
Having problems with the accelerator. Has full gas pedal sometimes, other times I have to push it down half way to get any response from the engine. Had the codes checked, nothing showed up.
my car is overheating.I add water to the radiator every morning.The temperature increases when am driving,whether the air condition is on or not.I once made a two hours journey not knowing that i did not cover the radiator,and since then,the radiator water drops every morning i check it.But the car was not over heating until recently.Please what will be the cause for i dont want a guess work.
Bought a brand new Tacoma dbl cab 4wd trd package in '04. This is my 6 Toyota PU covering a span of 35 years. Amazing. I have 140,000 miles. I get a clunk when the tranny downshifts to low, when coming to a stop. Dealer said that's normal; feels like a rear tranny mount. Small issue with the dome light; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Front springs are a joke. Replaced the whole suspe...