2003 Toyota Tacoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Toyota Tacoma
- ABS is lit on the panel, what is the cause?
- put new brakes in,making abs noise on front pass.side what might it be
- My 2003 toyota Tacoma has power to the radio but no sound How do I fix it
- Would an incorrect install of timing belt misfire happen right away or not?
- Cruise control drops out occasionally. Flip the lever up and it comes right back
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Toyota Tacoma Problems
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. This recall applies to 2001-2004 models only. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
2003 Toyota Tacoma Questions
I had a new timing belt installed on my 03 prerunner 3.4l. Been back on the road for almost 2 weeks and today it all the sudden has sporadic jerking and missing feel. Would it take 2 weeks for this to be caused from timing belt or should I look elsewhere?
Dealer says replace the relay first. How do I check that the relay is working without having to pay for that expensive 'non-returnable electric component'?
2003 Toyota Tacoma Recalls
Vehicles currently registered, or first sold in states where salt is used to de-ice the roads, are being recalled because a metal plate which helps secure the spare tire may rust excessively and break. This rust condition is a result of an insufficient coating of anti-corrosion material during the manufacturing process. If the plate were to break, the spare tire would come loose and fall from the vehicle while driving. Toyota is currently developing a remedy for this recall and will notify owners of affected vehicles when the remedy is in place. This is expected during December of 2012.
Toyota has recalled 2001-2004 Tacoma, 2002-2004 Tundra and Sequoia, and 2001-2002 4Runner models because the surface of the lower ball joints may have been scratched during assembly, which may have compromised their integrity. The ball joints may loosen and fall out and the driver may experience a loss of steering control. Dealers will replace the front suspension lower ball joints.
2003 Toyota Tacoma Reviews
Gas mileage sucks! Stock 17.5 mpg hwy I added K/N filter and cold intake with minor difficulty for a whopping 20mpg! My friends have Dodge diesel 4x4s that get 21. Front wheel wells on this model have openings that collect leaves and has to be cleaned regularly to prevent rust. Paint job chips, scratches and stains very easily. I keep teflon wax on it but the paint is bad. A/C is only fair and ...
At 97000 miles I took the P/U to a local garage to have timing belt and all other belts replaced as preventative maintenance. The mechanical part went well but the engine was missing when started. Diagnosis resulted in that coil for cyls 1-4 was not firing. Test showed that signal from the ignighter on fired once, the other two coils fired ok. Subtitution with a known good igniter resulted in t...
I've had my 2003 Tacoma since it was new and I've put 112,000 miles on it. I set up the back like a little camper and drive it all over the states and it hasn't ever left me stranded. It struggles up hill sometime, so I wish it had more power, but otherwise it's great. I wish the seats were better, and I wish I could see the clock!