1999 Toyota Tacoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Toyota Tacoma
- I have 150000 miles on this truck. How do grease the front end?
- how long does it call to do a timing belt kit on a 99 toyota truck 3.4liter 24va
- WHAT ARE THE CODES FOR THE UPSTREAM AND DOWNSTEAM O2 SENSORS
- whats the cost of the egr 1,1.5 hr fix? or what can I do to avoid the cmptr chg?
- p0300,p0303,p0304 trouble codes come on after engine warms up.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Toyota Tacoma Problems
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. This recall applies to 2001-2004 models only. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
Occasionally, the mass air flow sensor can go lean and set a code P0170 for fuel system lean. This in not an oxygen sensor problem. If there are no vacuum leaks, the mass air flow sensor may need to be replaced. Our technicians remind us to use a factory part because the aftermarket rebuilds are very inconsistent.
1999 Toyota Tacoma Questions
99 toyota truck 3.4 liter 24 valve
I have a P0135 code which sensor is it
can i fixit myself?can I avoid comptr chg. It acts like fuelpump getting weak.I changed air and gas filter, still coding engine popped on acceleration ald sometimes slow acceleration. still coding Air filter was filthy but can sensor cause slow pickup or engine to pop? seems like a weak fuel pump...
1999 Toyota Tacoma Recalls
1999 Toyota Tacoma Reviews
Own this truck sense 2000. Has not broke down. Drives well, beside the check engine light does not turn off. Brake great. Paint still good.
This has been an outstanding truck ! Purchased new in 99,..Love it never any problems
My 1999 Tacoma is still the best looking truck wherever I park it. Its 2.7 liter, 4-cylinder engine, with manual transmission, delivers robust high and low-end performance. And, in 4WD, it's sure footed in rain and snow. Having to manually lock the front end to go into 4WD is a minor inconvenience. Its only maintenance has been what Toyota recommends.