1998 Toyota Tacoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Toyota Tacoma
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1998 Toyota Tacoma Problems
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. This recall applies to 2001-2004 models only. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
1998 Toyota Tacoma Questions
Do u have to press it out??
I noticed that my heater was blowing cool air snd then the needle for the temperature went up to hot. When I turned off the heater the temperature went down some.
fuel left when fuel light comes on
1998 Toyota Tacoma Recalls
1998 Toyota Tacoma Reviews
I have owned this 4wd 2.7L truck from new. It has 237000 miles and I have only replaced the belts once. I will drive this until it dies....
I bought this about 11 years from a dealer in Texas. It had 35,000 miles when I bought it and now it has 348,000 miles. That's right. I love this truck!!! My wife and kids always ask when I'm going to buy a "big" truck. I just say "when the wheels fall off from driving it." I might start thinking about it when I get 500,000 miles on it. I keep all the normal maintenance up on it - oil, t...
This has been a great truck with very little problems other than usual wear & tear. I have over 206,000 miles. The ride is stiff but it is a Pre-runner on a 4 wd chassis. the seats are uncomfortable for drives over an hour. The engine is a little underpowered for a 4 cylinder. Great gas milage with a/c on. Avg. 22mpg on hwy. Transmission will jump into neutral if if floor it on take off. Never...