1997 Toyota T100 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Toyota T100
- Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly at High Mileages
- Throttle Position Sensor Out of Adjustment Due to Wear/Carbon Build-up
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor May Stop Working at Higher Mileages
- Worn Shift Bushings Will Cause Manual Transmission to Pop Out of Gear
- Failed Emissions Test Due to Blocked EGR System
- is low oil pressure gauge readings normal on these 3.4 liter engines?
- My T100 starts like a beast when it's completely cold, but after being warmed up, it has trouble turning over. It rumbles and sometimes i have to floor it and clear it to force it to turn over and start. It's also slightly sluggish? Any ideas? Thank you!!
- emission test failed. print out says gross polluter.truck idles and drives good
- automatic 4wd trans is A340F shifts into 4th from 1st gear. Replaced solenoid B
- How to open my stuck shut fuel filler door
1997 Toyota T100 Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The Throttle Position Sensor can get out of adjustment due to wear in the throttle body or due to carbon build up. This will cause the idle timing to advance more than 30 degrees which will cause very high HC and NOx emissions. Conversely, the Throttle Position Sensors can wear out and not properly advance the timing which causes a lack of power and poor fuel economy.
At higher mileages (125,00+) the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor may intermittently stop working, especially when the vehicle is fully warmed up. This can result in illumination of the Check Engine Light and/or an engine stalling problem.
1997 Toyota T100 Questions
oil pressure is good till engine gets warm,then gauge needle barely moves
exhaust does not smell abnormal. emission test report prints reading of over 2300 at both 15mph and 25mph. prints gross polluter. check engine light on
In the morning when I first start my truck it idles high until it warms up
As it warms up the idle slowly go's down to a perfect 850rpm
Once I start driving and have come to a stop the idle shoots up to 1800 then I have to stomp or tap on the pedal to bring the rpm down from that point th...
1997 Toyota T100 Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1997 Toyota T100 Reviews
I purchased a 1997 T-100 in 2003, it had 100,000miles on it then ,now it has 165,ooo,on it ! I have installed a new clutch kit and gas tank also a new outer rear wheelbearing and I did all the repairs myself , so I know this truck pretty well ! However , now the truck turns over many,many times befor it finally starts if it does and I would like to know why ,and if any other T-100 owners have ...
This truck has been extremely reliable in the 165,000 miles I've put on it so far. It has been perfectly dependable. It has received regular maintenance and the only repair was a recall for the replacement of the steering relay rod covered at no charge by Toyota. 1997 T100 SR5 4X4, Automatic Trans
Go this truck about four years ago and hasnt let me down yet. I know I havent had it as long as some others but its been driven between South Texas and South Carolina a few times and its about 1000 miles between the two.