1994 Toyota T100 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Toyota T100
- Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly at High Mileages
- Vehicle Won't Crank Due To Starter
- Worn Shift Bushings Will Cause Manual Transmission to Pop Out of Gear
- Throttle Position Sensor Out of Adjustment Due to Wear/Carbon Build-up
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor May Stop Working at Higher Mileages
- What would cause my ac/heater and all dashbord lights to go out at the same time
- which is better to use steel or graphite head gasket t 100 3vce does it really m
- Number 1 & 3 cylinders are not firing.
- how do I remove sparetire winch
- Not getting enough spark after replacing ignition coil. What could the problem b
1994 Toyota T100 Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
If the engine will not crank over, the most common problem is the starter. These will tend to go out at about 100,00-125,000 miles. Sometimes it is only the starter solenoid, but often the complete starter (including solenoid) needs to be replaced.
On vehicles with a manual transmission, worn shift bushings can cause the transmission to pop out of gear, especially when coasting down in 1st or 2nd gear. Replacing all the shift linkage bushings is pretty straight forward and not expensive and will commonly correct this concern.
1994 Toyota T100 Questions
this site sucks
My son has replaced the injectors,plugs, and wires.
cable broken need to remove and replace
1994 Toyota T100 Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1994 Toyota T100 Reviews
With 220,000 the 4 cyl. engine uses no oil. Most problems I have had have been my own mistakes by trying to save on parts. It cost me headaches when I found the the muffler shop put the wrong cat converter replacement on and it wouldn't pass smog. I love this truck. I had a clutch peddle bracket crack and could not figure out way it was so hard to shift. I spent over $1500 on restoring with bod...