1991 Toyota Supra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Toyota Supra
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
1991 Toyota Supra Problems
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
Our technicians tell us that it is important to change the coolant with factory coolant and replace the thermostat every 60,000 miles. This will help to protect the head gasket, otherwise the head gasket can deteriorate and be stressed to the point of failure.valve clearance as the exhaust valves may become too tight. This will lead to valve failures which are expensive to repair.
1991 Toyota Supra Questions
the battery has ample charge, but there is no lights on the dash, headlights, the engine will not turn over. It is dead with a charged batter. Where is the problem?