2002 Toyota Solara Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Toyota Solara
- How do I fix at the front seat safety belt which is stuck in the full out position on my Toyota Solara 2002 convertible? This is a chronic problem with this model and there is no recall for this item.
- The car jerks when on the gas and seems to not want to produce power.
- Why did check engine light come on after valve cover gaskets were replaced?
- while trying to pump gas into the car, it dosent want to take it.
- What should a complete valve job, including timing chain, plugs, thermostat, and
2002 Toyota Solara Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
Debris can get into the idle air control valve. This will restrict the air flow into the engine, causing idle speed and/or stalling when cold. The valve can be cleaned or replaced to correct this concern.
2002 Toyota Solara Questions
How do I fix at the front seat safety belt which is stuck in the full out position on my Toyota Solara 2002 convertible? This is a chronic problem with this model and there is no recall for this item.
No check engine light on and its not the ignition coils replace 3 of the four.
Took vehicle to repair shop and had both lower control arms replaced, 2 tires put on with an alignment and also had both valve cover gaskets replaced. The valve cover gasket closest to the firewall had been leaking for several years. I always made sure the level was good. While test driving too m...
2002 Toyota Solara Reviews
Toyoyta settled a lawsuit involving several models 1997 to 2002 years regarding excessive engine oil sludge. In most cases you will not know you have this problem unless you take it to a dealer for a tear down (cost about $105), but if your car has the problem it costs you nothing and Toyota will issue a case number and fix it free. Warranted unlimited mileage/8 years on this problem. Kudos to ...
I have 150k in my 2002 Toyota Solara but I found out that it is burning oil and will need an engine rebuilt or just keep adding oil every week. Anyone else having the same problem?
202k, Reliable and still running well. Minor repairs and maintenance schedule makes it last.