2008 Toyota Sienna Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Toyota Sienna
- front tyres wear out
- Changed Speed sensor - two days later threw the same code P0717 - Help!!
- I have a 2008 Toyota Sienna LTD with 91K miles having Head Gasket blown issue.
- About my batter. See below. Does this mean that the battery life is low.
- what does it cost to replacing the front boot on the power sterring
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 Toyota Sienna Problems
Models with electric sliding doors can develop problems with the door mechanism. The cable in the door becomes frayed, which will damage the electric motor.
Multiple cracks may develop on the upper surface of the dashboard. At this time, the only suggested repair is to replace the dashboard.
2008 Toyota Sienna Questions
In the last four months I have had to get a boost because I could not get started. Once I received the boost it started immediatly.I just checked the battery and the water level was very low but not cmpletely out. I added water to bring the level up.
he said oil was leaking into the boot
Mirror makes a ratcheting sound all (ALL) the time. It is the 'feature' that allows the mirrors on both sides to retract inward. The gear has apparently slipped and there must be a sensor that recognizes the stop because the motor (and the noise) is continuous. Replacement mirror from ...
2008 Toyota Sienna Recalls
The shift lock system prevents the shift lever from being moved out of the Park position unless the brake pedal is depressed. These vehicles are being recalled because the shift lock solenoid could fail rendering the shift lock system inoperable. If the shift lever is moved out of the Park position when the brakes are not applied the vehicle could roll unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash. When parts become available, dealers will replace the shift lock solenoid to correct this concern.
Toyota is recalling 1998–2010 Sienna models manufactured or registered in twenty-two Eastern and Midwestern states because of problems with the spare tire carrier and assembly cable due to road salt corrosion. This may cause the spare tire assembly cable to break and the spare tire to separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Toyota will notify owners via letter with instructions on how to remedy the problem. For a list of the affected states, call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.