2002 Toyota Sienna Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Toyota Sienna
- Car does not start when the transmission is in Parking but it starts when in (N)
- Headlights wont work, low or high beams. Fuses are good, what am I missing?
- stalling & codes read: speed & oxygen sensors replaced all.still reads what now?
- Intermittent squeeking noise right rear
- What is recommendation regarding play in rack and pinion?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Toyota Sienna Problems
Models with electric sliding doors can develop problems with the door mechanism. The cable in the door becomes frayed, which will damage the electric motor.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
2002 Toyota Sienna Questions
My headlights wont come on, even the brights. I just replaced both bulbs a couple months ago. I checked both 15amp fuses and they were still good. What else could it be? My turn signals and hazards and all other lights work fine.
replaced speed sensor & 2 oxygen sensors. codes wont clear & car is still not running right
2002 Toyota Sienna Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1998–2010 Sienna models manufactured or registered in twenty-two Eastern and Midwestern states because of problems with the spare tire carrier and assembly cable due to road salt corrosion. This may cause the spare tire assembly cable to break and the spare tire to separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Toyota will notify owners via letter with instructions on how to remedy the problem. For a list of the affected states, call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
2002 Toyota Sienna Reviews
2002 Sienna bought new. 113k right now. Tires are a problem; you will not get 1/2 rated of life of any tire, front end is too heavy. Other than that a great vehicle. Tires, brakes, change fluids, and you are good to go. No exhaust replacement yet. Manual and electric door works fine @ 11 yrs old. Keep them lubed. Change trans and coolant at 80k. Wife doesn't want to go to anything else.
Original owner 160000 plus miles Great minivan
2002 Sienna XLE Have over 109K miles. Car has lived in CA, AZ, CO, OH, MI, NC under very extreme conditions. Excellent vehicle. Have had normal maintenance check up every 5k miles. Used 2 sets of tires, working on the 3rd. Go with Michelin for long wear and comfortable ride. Replaced battery, 1 tail light and catalytic convertor bracket (rusted out). 3rd set of brakes (wife is hard on t...