2001 Toyota Sienna Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Toyota Sienna
- 2001 toyota estima acr30 rough idle and over heating when traveling on high spee
- My car turns over and starts however after two seconds it dies?
- 01 sienna, besides oil, what fluids do I need to check regularly? It has 185K.
- My van's front catalytic converter heats up and misfires after 30 minutes.
- Why a big price difference for engine coolant flush service?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Toyota Sienna Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
Sludge can build up in the engine because Toyota did not recommend frequent enough oil changes. Lexus will sometimes offer a discount on cleaning the engine if necessary. Owners who changed their oil every 3,000 miles did not experience these problems. This sludge build up can lead to excessive oil consumption.
2001 Toyota Sienna Questions
replaced new spark plugs clean egr valve and throttle body no difference
love my van and it runs beautifully, just want to keep it that way.
My front catalytic converter turns red hot and cylinders 2, 4, & 6 begin to misfire. The engine code reads misfire in the three cylinders. There is very little exhaust when the vehicle begins acting up. I have removed the front catalytic converter but the three cylinders continue to misfire (...
2001 Toyota Sienna Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1998–2010 Sienna models manufactured or registered in twenty-two Eastern and Midwestern states because of problems with the spare tire carrier and assembly cable due to road salt corrosion. This may cause the spare tire assembly cable to break and the spare tire to separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Toyota will notify owners via letter with instructions on how to remedy the problem. For a list of the affected states, call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
Toyota is recalling 2001 Avalon, Camry, and Sienna vehicles because the front sub frame assembly has not been adequately welded. This could cause failure of the assembly following long-term usage, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the front sub frame, if necessary.
2001 Toyota Sienna Reviews
Most reliable vehicle that we have ever owned. Runs smooth and quiet. Very versatile carrying people and things. Have 84,000 miles at almost 8 years and replaced a single light bulb other than tires, brakes and a battery.
Best car I've ever owned. Just went over 200,000 miles last week. No problems other than standard maintenance. ...although I think the air compressor is starting to go out. Also, have a check engine light that is due to an improper setting - says it's the cadalatyc converter, but have been told it's fine. I also agree that the door handles are made of cheap plastic. Just hit a deer 2 week...