1999 Toyota Sienna Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Toyota Sienna
- My car won't start in cold weather, I replaced the battery and put a new starter
- Check engine light came on,oil was low, added oil, check engine light still on?
- EVAP code.Found a plastic valve on top of gas tank leaking.Anyone else get this?
- Do i have a case against the dealership for concealed defect, bought 1999 siena
- I recently replaced my battery now dash lights illuminate when stepping on brake
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1999 Toyota Sienna Problems
Models with electric sliding doors can develop problems with the door mechanism. The cable in the door becomes frayed, which will damage the electric motor.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
1999 Toyota Sienna Questions
Engine doesn't sound any different, nothing different about my van, just the light came on.
Oil was very very low, added oil, cleaned air filter, but light is still on? Can I reset the light by pulling the fuse out and putting it back in?
The EVAP code 440 was returned. Did a smoke test and found a plastic valve on top of the gas tank is leaking. Very hard to get to and because of the age and rust this is going to be a bigger job than it should. Cannister and other valves OK. Anyone else encounter this?
I bought the car from a nissan dealership in oklahoma last saturday 06-01-13, the car died on the highway on my way home, towed the car to a mechanic who said the engine was no good, that it knocked. Now the car starts but has a knocking sound. i called the dealership they are throwing as is clau...
1999 Toyota Sienna Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1998–2010 Sienna models manufactured or registered in twenty-two Eastern and Midwestern states because of problems with the spare tire carrier and assembly cable due to road salt corrosion. This may cause the spare tire assembly cable to break and the spare tire to separate from the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Toyota will notify owners via letter with instructions on how to remedy the problem. For a list of the affected states, call Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.
1999 Toyota Sienna Reviews
Had to have A/c system recharged at 70,000 miles, had problems with A/C again at 129,000. Still having problems at 188,000. Also have a slight oil leak now. Other than that its been a great running car. Would buy another one. Probably after 200,000 miles.
We bought ours new in '99, and it handled beautifully then. Now, not too bad. brakes are good, heating and AC good. No problems at all with exhaust and emissions. 2 coils went bad, caused hesitation on cold days, and it took a very long time (over a year) to diagnose by 2 different mechanics. The drivers side window motor needed replaced: about $300. The tailgate door opener/handle cost 30...