2005 Toyota Sequoia Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Toyota Sequoia
- Truck will not start just get a clicking noise.
- brake light comes on stopngo traffic, lived with it long time. Now the tracvsc light came on and pedal made pulsing feeling (abs). No leaks at master or wheel cylinders and not losing fluid. Have read other posts similar and suspect wheel speed sensors ?
- loud noise at high acceleration with some vibration.
- Air pressure sign is still there
- The rear hatch door will not stay up in the open position
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Toyota Sequoia Problems
A ticking noise may develop from the engine due to a cracked exhaust manifold. Damaged exhaust manifolds will require replacement to correct this issue.
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. There are two separate recalls combined here, one applies to 2002-2004 and the second to 2004-2007 Models. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
Just had the car aligned and it seemed fine, but we took a cross tate trip and the steering vibrates at about 75 to 80 mph - it never did before. I look it up and it says the ball joints are bad. We only had it 4 wheeling 3 time sin anything heavy (Colorado Cimmaron Pass the last time in 2004) so we are wondering what's up. New tires and new spin balance, all suspension and steering busings normal, I cannot see any play in anything. Help?
2005 Toyota Sequoia Questions
When I turn my key over I just get a clicking sound. All the lights come on fine. I thought it might be the battery, but I also have no clock no radio no horn some of the dash lights come on but none of the gages move when the key is turned over. The outlets works my satellite radio comes on. ...
When accelerating onto interstate highway its like a jet taking off. Gets louder as accelerating. If back off the acceleration then the noise dims with deceleration. Can feel some vibration and ears kind of get blocked up just like on plane take off. The more accelerate the louder the noise gets....
2005 Toyota Sequoia Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.
Due to deterioration of internal lubrication, the front lower ball joint may wear prematurely, causing increased steering effort and possibly noise in the front suspension. If the vehicle is continually driven, the ball joint may separate from the knuckle and cause a loss of vehicle control. The recall began February 28, 2007. The Toyota recall number is 70B.
2005 Toyota Sequoia Reviews
We family of 4 purchesed out Sequoia on 2005 and we have had good trails stories to tell we are happy with this vehicle. we recently had the brakes changed and recommedations were made by the authorized technician to replace the wheel berings. I higly remcomend to do this work at a certified toyota sevice dealer. with repagards to the brakes a wish toyota had a recal on the rotors to small for...
Our Sequoia has been a steady workhorse for the family for 4 years. We've taken it up and down the coast a number of times and it's never let us down - the electrical outlet in the rear allows someone to work on their computer as if in a business class seat. We've towed the race car many times and it always has plenty of power and handles great. It's also very comfortable in both front and rear...