2004 Toyota Sequoia Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Toyota Sequoia
- How much will it cost to get my gear shift fixed?
- Why does my Sequoia make horrible noise after replacing power steering pump?
- my toyota sequoia overheats when idling and makes a loud fan noise
- Engine stalling and missing,replaced spark plugs and seemed to help.
- Have a TRC light come on on my Toyota and then it started handling crazy.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Toyota Sequoia Problems
A ticking noise may develop from the engine due to a cracked exhaust manifold. Damaged exhaust manifolds will require replacement to correct this issue.
A defective sensor in the airbag (SRS) system can cause the airbag malfunction light to illuminate.
2004 Toyota Sequoia Questions
I put the car in park and when I went to put it in gear it would not take. AAA came and went under the car and said that the connection broke...god knows I have the worst luck with cars.
After replacing power steering pump twice with Napa pump, thinking we got bad pumps, installed a Toyota pump and it still makes loud noise. Sounds like a cow in labor.
what can be the problem?
2004 Toyota Sequoia Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
When deployed, excessive pressure can build in the passenger front airbag. This could cause the inflator to rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury to vehicle occupants. This recall affects both originally installed passenger front airbags as well as those that were installed as replacement service parts. Toyota and General Motors will replace the passenger front airbag inflator on their respective vehicles involved in this recall.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator module found.
2004 Toyota Sequoia Reviews
Love my 2004 Sequoia. However, our TRAC OFF and the VSC TRAC lights also came on just under two years ago. When I took it to the dealership at that time they also quoted the repairs around $2300 (software/hardware component I believe?). Just this week I had to get a new brake booster and ECU for the ABS installed and the water pump replaced which was $1,616. Fortunately I had purchased an exte...