2004 Toyota RAV4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Toyota RAV4
- What would be your estimate to re-insert the drain tube for the evaporator coil?
- I just bought a 2004 RAV 4 and check engine light & VSC light comes on.
- There is a high pitched beeping soft alarm sound every so often.
- I have my rav4 and its engine goes off when I drive, what could be the possible?
- Problems with EVAC system and engine warning lights?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Toyota RAV4 Problems
The Evaporative system may have problems with the vapor canister releasing charcoal pellets that plug the vent valve. Typically a Code P0441, P0442 and P0446 will be set. The key code is the P0446 which is a vent valve electrical failure. The proper repair is to replace the entire canister with all the valves as a unit. This is located on top of the fuel tank and is expensive. Our Technicians tell us that for awhile Toyota was covering these problems, but this may have changed. It would not hurt to call the dealer if this problem occurs to see if Toyota is still helping with these repairs.starter. Usually, these parts can be replaced without purchasing a new starter.
2004 Toyota RAV4 Questions
Took vehicle to dealer who took it to garage and they send the check engine light is the Oxygen Sensor, they disengaged the lights. Are these 2 lights connected, they come on together. Thank you.
It is a used car just imported it, it gives an alarm but I dnt know where is the button so that I cn press to stop it and this makes the engine to stop after several alarms..
I have a 2004 Rav4. Approx.300,000KM and still going strong.
The issue is
we have replaced the whole Evac system a year ago,and still the engine warning light still keeps coming on. I took the car to the dealer to check.
There is a leak somewhere in the hose,which needs replacing.
Could it be...
2004 Toyota RAV4 Reviews
great mileage on highway. great run around town. very uncomfortable seats...hard. also road noise is loud.
100466 miles the head bolt THREADS pulled out of the engine block, causing head gasket failure & loss of coolant. Dealership says $8000 for new engine is the most reasonable way to fix this! Online search shows it is a chronic problem on the 4 cylinder engines for Toyota.