Explore Your 1997 Toyota RAV4
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for the 1997 Toyota RAV4
- Replace EVAP Canister to Correct EVAP System Problems
- Car won't start due to worn/corroded solenoid contacts in starter
- P0773 fault code at higher mileage due to failed 3-way lock-up solenoid
- Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly at High Mileages
- Loss of Power on Highway Due to Internally Leaking Fuel Pulsation Dampener
1997 Toyota RAV4 Problems
The Evaporative system may have problems with the vapor canister releasing charcoal pellets that plug the vent valve. Typically a Code P0441, P0442 and P0446 will be set. The key code is the P0446 which is a vent valve electrical failure. The proper repair is to replace the entire canister with all the valves as a unit. This is located on top of the fuel tank and is expensive. Our Technicians tell us that for awhile Toyota was covering these problems, but this may have changed. It would not hurt to call the dealer if this problem occurs to see if Toyota is still helping with these repairs.starter. Usually, these parts can be replaced without purchasing a new starter.
1997 Toyota RAV4 Questions
every time i line it up and try to start it the belt will always skip a tooth or be to lose where are the marks for the timing belt located at how do i aline them ?????
whats the unit called you put your key in to start your car
first time this has happened. In park, foot on brake and wiggling the steering wheele