1997 Toyota RAV4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Toyota RAV4
- Replace EVAP Canister to Correct EVAP System Problems
- Car won't start due to worn/corroded solenoid contacts in starter
- P0773 fault code at higher mileage due to failed 3-way lock-up solenoid
- Loss of Power on Highway Due to Internally Leaking Fuel Pulsation Dampener
- Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly at High Mileages
- My manual will only engage into 1st and 3rd gear, no 2nd,4th or reverse.
- Had struts done at local midas 1/2008 they are no longer there.
- Knocking under passenger floor, felt in shifter. Help?
- Power windows, locks, hazard, radio won't work. You can hear the motor running
- 1997 toyota rav4 new timing belt wont start how do i aline the marks for it?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Toyota RAV4 Problems
The Evaporative system may have problems with the vapor canister releasing charcoal pellets that plug the vent valve. Typically a Code P0441, P0442 and P0446 will be set. The key code is the P0446 which is a vent valve electrical failure. The proper repair is to replace the entire canister with all the valves as a unit. This is located on top of the fuel tank and is expensive. Our Technicians tell us that for awhile Toyota was covering these problems, but this may have changed. It would not hurt to call the dealer if this problem occurs to see if Toyota is still helping with these repairs.starter. Usually, these parts can be replaced without purchasing a new starter.
1997 Toyota RAV4 Questions
Need struts again are these struts lifetime warranty at any midas? Found receipt and my wife paid $900 to have both struts replaced back than.Seems she was robbed does any know if midas has a lifetime warranty in their struts?
But they don't work. All fuses ok
every time i line it up and try to start it the belt will always skip a tooth or be to lose where are the marks for the timing belt located at how do i aline them ?????