2013 Toyota Prius Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2013 Toyota Prius
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2013 Toyota Prius Problems
Starting difficulties may develop, mostly noted if the car has been parked for several days. Toyota has changed the 12v battery size specification to help correct this concern. Our technicians tell us the battery tray will need to be replaced to accommodate the larger battery
2013 Toyota Prius Questions
Is it okay to drive in "Eco" mode with a family of five (3 teenagers)with the a/c on, in Arizona, in the summer?
I have a family of five and want to know if the Prius can handle the load and a/c with the heat.
2013 Toyota Prius Recalls
These vehicles are being recalled because one of the electronic components of the hybrid control system, the Intelligent Power Module (IPM), can fail internally. This module is located inside of the inverter module and contains transistors that may become damaged from high operating temperatures. If a failure were to occur, various warning lights would illuminate and the vehicle would only operate in a reduced power mode for a short time or stall completely, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the software in both the motor/generator control module and the hybrid control module to correct this concern. If an inverter module were to fail before the software updates are performed, it would be replaced as part of this recall.