2010 Toyota Prius Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Toyota Prius
- Why,display is out when headlights are on, but is on when the headlights are off
- Does the Purge Vacuum Switching Valve have anything to do with the fuel sender?
- Why do I have to place Fob to start button sometimes?
- imp 2010 prius diy?
- cost to replace the front bottom panel and where can I get it done for less
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2010 Toyota Prius Problems
The center multi-function display may failure. This is commonly caused by poorly soldered internal connection. Our technicians tell us that these display panels can be successfully repaired or reconditioned by a shop specializing in such repairs.
The fuel gauge may read incorrectly. Our technicians tell us there is a recalibration procedure which should be performed to correct this issue.
A no start or loss of power issue may develop if debris falls into the mass air flow sensor when changing or inspecting the air filter. Care should be taken when changing of replacing the air filter in order to avoid this issue.
2010 Toyota Prius Questions
THE STARTER BATTERY CHECKS GOOD and fob battery checks good.
I have a recall on my 2010 prius INTELLIGENT POWER MODULE OR IPM can't locate it can I fix it?
2010 Toyota Prius Recalls
Southeast Toyota is recalling certain vehicles because the seat heater element may become damaged as a result of compression of the seat cushion. The damaged element could short causing burning of the seat cushion, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will disconnect seat heaters with copper strand elements and refund the purchase price of the seat heater accessory to correct this concern.
These vehicles are being recalled because one of the electronic components of the hybrid control system, the Intelligent Power Module (IPM), can fail internally. This module is located inside of the inverter module and contains transistors that may become damaged from high operating temperatures. If a failure were to occur, various warning lights would illuminate and the vehicle would only operate in a reduced power mode for a short time or stall completely, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the software in both the motor/generator control module and the hybrid control module to correct this concern. If an inverter module were to fail before the software updates are performed, it would be replaced as part of this recall.
The brake booster pump contains a compartment filled with nitrogen gas. This nitrogen gas can leak into the brake fluid causing reduced hydraulic pressure during application of the brakes. Reduced braking efficiency can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the brake booster pump assembly as necessary to correct this concern.
2010 Toyota Prius Reviews
Great for everyday use, has a high MPG, save the planet! Reccomended color: Black, looks beast + its silent so its scary :D
Love the car but there are two problems. 1 the headlight bulbs need repalcing every 6 months. 2. the factory installed JBL E7022 radios are junk. I bought this car new. the sales person talked up the stereo / Nav unit. worked fine for over 2 years. now needs to be replaced at a cost of $1500+. talked to dealer, Toyota, and JBL no one wants to help, no one cares. The JBL E7022 is costly junk....
great every day car, it gives more than you paid for, one of the best deals available, its not a sports car but a great everysay vehicle.