2004 Toyota Prius Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Toyota Prius
- My Prius Dash lights didn't work, drove home, took 10 mins to turn off car, why?
- when i start my car the signal SVC in yellow on the control panel? ?
- what is in tank next to synergy center under hood
- What is Inverter Service? How will it improve performance?
- problem with coolant control position sensor valve(eng. lite on)
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Toyota Prius Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate with a fault code P1121 stored. It is commonly caused by a failed three way coolant control valve. Valve replacement is recommended if this occurs.
The center multi-function display may failure. This is commonly caused by poorly soldered internal connection. Our technicians tell us that these display panels can be successfully repaired or reconditioned by a shop specializing in such repairs.
The fuel gauge may read incorrectly. Our technicians tell us there is a recalibration procedure which should be performed to correct this issue.
2004 Toyota Prius Questions
this problem occured thius morning. yesterday battery was low.
it contains pink fluid
problem just occurred and it was diagnosed. do you recommend a n independentdealer ?
2004 Toyota Prius Recalls
The affected vehicles have a steering intermediate extension shaft manufactured with metal splines that may have an insufficient hardness. Over time, the splines may wear and eventually fail resulting in a loss of steering ability, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. Toyota dealers will inspect the extension shaft and replace if necessary.
During manufacturing, a scratch may have occurred inside of the electrically driven water (coolant) pump at the coil wire, resulting in corrosion. The corroded wire may break and the water pump could stop. The corroded coil wire could cause a short circuit in the pump resulting in a blown fuse, creating a stall-like condition of the hybrid system while the vehicle is being driven. This may increase the risk of a vehicle crash. Dealers will replace the electric water pump to correct this concern.
Toyota is recalling 2004–2010 models for an accelerator pedal that can get stuck in the wide open position due to problems with the floor mat. This may cause high vehicle speeds that make it difficult to stop the vehicle, which can result in a crash. In order to correct the problem, dealers will replace the pedals, alter the shape of the floor, and/or replace the floor mats. Toyota will also modify software on certain models to ensure that the brake overrides the accelerator in the event that both are applied.
2004 Toyota Prius Reviews
Purchased my 2004 Prius used in 2006. Love it 90%. Great mileage - I can get up to 50mpg in summer and 35-40 in winter (Minnesota). Seating could be more comfy - a little stiff. Also, 2004 fog light lenses break easily and they are expensive to replace. We added an after market (installed by Toyota recommended service) heated seats and I LOVE that option. Surprisingly this car carries tons of s...
I love this car (I have had 2 previous Prius's The only conpaint I have is the body seems to be made from the lightest and cheapest material Toyota could find. By even looking at the car, you seem to get a dent !! Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a fun and gas sipper for a car.