2003 Toyota Prius Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Toyota Prius
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Toyota Prius Problems
The center multi-function display may failure. This is commonly caused by poorly soldered internal connection. Our technicians tell us that these display panels can be successfully repaired or reconditioned by a shop specializing in such repairs.
The fuel gauge may read incorrectly. Our technicians tell us there is a recalibration procedure which should be performed to correct this issue.
A no start or loss of power issue may develop if debris falls into the mass air flow sensor when changing or inspecting the air filter. Care should be taken when changing of replacing the air filter in order to avoid this issue.
2003 Toyota Prius Questions
It is my first car.Really i had expectation my car will go 40 or up mile per gallon but im so disappoined about that only 24 mpg?That not really great for me.Why slould be like that even most of people said 40 or up?why not my one too?The car got just 121300 miles.It not a lot one way but hybrid ...
I may need charcoal canister replacment.Have vary load noise unded the car. Need to know what the estimated cost would be.Shawn Engelemail@example.com
replace catalytic converter, O2 sensors?
2003 Toyota Prius Recalls
The steering linkage may loosen, resulting in reduced electric steering assistance when making a left turn. Loss of power steering assist may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the nuts securing the steering linkage to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin in early July 2011.
2003 Toyota Prius Reviews
Overall excellent reliability. I'm up to 150K miles and still running well. I have had to replace the catalytic converter (@120K miles), and have had some trouble with a seat belt anchor and a drink holder. Occasionally the vehicle starts up with the problem warning light on (!) but this resolves by itself in a few minutes.