2001 Toyota Prius Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Toyota Prius
- car looses power a few minutes after heading down the road and have to pull over and shut down engine. wait then restart and limp back home. code showing was not P3160.correction: code P3190 is the code in question.not P3160. also has p0171 & P0130 codes.
- POWER LOSS 15MIN AFTER START UP.NO POWER SO SHUT DOWN&RESTART & LIMP HOME.
- What would cause the dash to go blank and fuel consumption to meter to stop
- When I use the A/C, the warning lights all come on and I have to "limp" home.
- My problem now is that I have a code P1636 HV ECU malfunction
2001 Toyota Prius Problems
The fuel gauge may read incorrectly. Our technicians tell us there is a recalibration procedure which should be performed to correct this issue.
A no start or loss of power issue may develop if debris falls into the mass air flow sensor when changing or inspecting the air filter. Care should be taken when changing of replacing the air filter in order to avoid this issue.
Starting difficulties may develop, mostly noted if the car has been parked for several days. Toyota has changed the 12v battery size specification to help correct this concern. Our technicians tell us the battery tray will need to be replaced to accommodate the larger battery
2001 Toyota Prius Questions
this is the second time in a row this car lost power and shut down. hoping someone can point me in the right direction on what to replace first then second etc. Thanks in advance for whoever can reply. kc>>
RED HAZ LIGHT COMES ON AND VECH LOOSES POWER. HAVE TO PULL OFF ROAD AND SHUT DOWN THEN RESTART AND LIMP VERY SLOWLY BACK HOME.
THIS HAPPENED TWO TRIPS IN A ROW. CODE CHECKER SAID P3160 BUT MY SCANNER CODEBOOK DID NOT GO UP THAT HIGH. OUT IN THE BACK COUNTRY. NEED HELP!!! THANKS KC>> 2:50 P...
This has happened 3 times now, and the codes said that it was a power inverter problem. I had the power inverter replaced, but it happened again. Why is using the A/C causing this problem?
2001 Toyota Prius Recalls
The steering linkage may loosen, resulting in reduced electric steering assistance when making a left turn. Loss of power steering assist may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the nuts securing the steering linkage to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin in early July 2011.