2001 Toyota Prius Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Toyota Prius
- When I use the A/C, the warning lights all come on and I have to "limp" home.
- My problem now is that I have a code P1636 HV ECU malfunction
- Tell me what resistence should measure in a 2001 prius MG2 stator windings
- Why Is My MG1 discharging my HV Battery???
- Hi there . Do you have any updates ? I have the same problem with my 2001 prius
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Toyota Prius Problems
The fuel gauge may read incorrectly. Our technicians tell us there is a recalibration procedure which should be performed to correct this issue.
A no start or loss of power issue may develop if debris falls into the mass air flow sensor when changing or inspecting the air filter. Care should be taken when changing of replacing the air filter in order to avoid this issue.
Starting difficulties may develop, mostly noted if the car has been parked for several days. Toyota has changed the 12v battery size specification to help correct this concern. Our technicians tell us the battery tray will need to be replaced to accommodate the larger battery
2001 Toyota Prius Questions
This has happened 3 times now, and the codes said that it was a power inverter problem. I had the power inverter replaced, but it happened again. Why is using the A/C causing this problem?
I used a megger meter to test my MG2 in a first generation prius. I have measured from the 3 winds to chassis an get near 200 Meg ohms.
I measure resistance between the winds an I get like 2-3 ohms.
I know there are 3 winds an they are in a parallel circuit with one another.
What I don't k...
Hi there . Do you have any updates ? I have the same problem with my 2001 prius . After it sit for 2 months . I lost the engine battery ( not the hybrid one) the car stars for one minute then shut itself off . I replace both of the engine computer and the hybrid computer with no difference . Need...
2001 Toyota Prius Recalls
The steering linkage may loosen, resulting in reduced electric steering assistance when making a left turn. Loss of power steering assist may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the nuts securing the steering linkage to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin in early July 2011.