1996 Toyota Previa Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Toyota Previa
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Toyota Previa Problems
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
It is important to regularly check the valve clearance as the exhaust valves may become too tight. This will lead to valve failures, which are expensive to repair.
1996 Toyota Previa Questions
When bleeding, there is pressure at the "rear level sensor" bleeding valve, but no air or fluid comes out of the rear brake bleeder valves. Rear brakes aren't working ar all....except for the emergency break.
when the engine hesitates I have to let off the gas peddle and then I have to barlly push it then the van will get up and go and any rmp it just seems to be at idle not sure why, does any one have some advice, also Havent done a tune up in 2 yrs
the rubber flexable couplins have been replaced.