1994 Toyota Previa Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Toyota Previa
- Were can I find the crankshaft sensor on my van? And does all previa's have one?
- Can oil leak into cylinders thru intake manifold? misses on start then smooths
- 1994 precia dx with 165000 miles failed 25 miles/hr HC smog check. Any fix idea!
- Automatic transmition not shifting well on hill
- how do i no if the therostat ,sensor,or radiator could you help me.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Toyota Previa Problems
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
1994 Toyota Previa Questions
out oil level in reservoir dropping. also appeared to be coolant coming out of exhaust(white smoke)replaced water pump now no loss of coolant but oil level still dropping.
I have new spark plugs, new wires, new distributor cap, new air filter, oil/filter changed. Could It be that the Throttle position sensor is worn out and affecting my timing advance and increase my HC. The NoX is below avg.
the van runn's hot if you drive the van to long
1994 Toyota Previa Reviews
I have had this car for only 3 1/2 yrs. It had high mileage but we knew it would still lsat a little longer. I was in desperate need of a bigger vehicle because my family grew unexpectantly. I absolutely love my van. I have only had minor repairs that were routine maintenance. (tires,oil,lightbulb out) I am at 243,000 miles and its still going strong. Hope it will keep this up for at least anot...
Great car, over 240,000 miles on it now, and runs almost like new. There are little problems here, and there.