1993 Toyota Previa Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Toyota Previa
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Toyota Previa Problems
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
1993 Toyota Previa Questions
The mechanic said the adjusting screw has been turned all the way down...what other options do I have? Trying not to spend too much $$. Thanks.
ca not find fuel pump wires under dash I changed F.P. relay but power no go to pump , anybody help me please.
we have replaced abs system we checked vac hoses we replaced the lines any ideas
1993 Toyota Previa Reviews
I have two of these, my son has one. Best car on the road!!
I have a 1993 Previa with 190,000 miles and still going strong. One of the last rear wheel drive minivans on the road. Very durable and outlast its contemporaries on the road. My two boys grew up with it and they are now driving it too. Great car!