1991 Toyota Previa Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Toyota Previa
- Why egr throw out the hose that is connect to egr vaccum module
- I recharge my AC gas twice and it liked out, we try to find where is liking?
- how to adjust airflow meter on toyota previa 1991.
- how to adjust Throttle body Sensor on previa 1991
- A clutch master cylinder does not have the right size pressure fitting.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1991 Toyota Previa Problems
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
1991 Toyota Previa Questions
In 10 second the egr get super hot
After filling the ac gas with can and it start to cool for just 5km drive and it will not cool again but the compressor is working. Please help.
1991 Toyota Previa Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1991 Camry and Previa models because the failure of a specific electronic component in the radio may cause an electrical short circuit. If this happens, it may result in a passenger compartment fire. Dealers will repair the radio.
1991 Toyota Previa Reviews
my 91 previa has 283000 miles and still going strong. never let me down always starts.
I bought my Toyota Previa new in 1990... a 1991 model. Since then, my children and I have put 489,000 miles on it. Today I learned that I may need a differencial. Other than that it's an amazing vehicle and I intend to replace the differencial...but I need to locate a used one somewhere. This will be the first major repair to my awesome vehicle. I love driving it just like I did when I drove it...