1995 Toyota Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Toyota Pickup
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1995 Toyota Pickup Problems
The timing chain can develop a rattling noise caused by failing timing chain guides. This is often due to extended mileage intervals between oil changes that allows the oil to become dirty and abrasive which wears away the timing chain guides until they fail. The timing chain and guides should be inspected at each valve adjustment, otherwise serious engine damage may result.
If the vehicle will not crank over, the most common problem is the starter, which tend to fail at about 100,00-125,000 miles. Sometimes it is only the starter solenoid contacts, but often the complete starter (including solenoid) needs to be replaced.
The Ignition Coil wire insulation is often rubbed through by the Primary wiring harness which will cause a stalling/no-start condition. The coil wire will need to be replaced and the primary harness will need to be repaired and re-routed.
1995 Toyota Pickup Questions
I replaced my 175,000mile 22re with a rebuilt one.
10,000 miles later I have symptoms of another blown head gasket
I have always suspected fuel-injection and emissions systems.
Any thoughts on the matter?
noise occurs wether 4WD is engaged or not.
when hub is locked, noise happens with each wheel rotation.
How much should it cost for a head gasket, piston rings, timing chain and tensioners on a 4 wheel drive model?
1995 Toyota Pickup Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1995 Toyota Pickup Reviews
I have 1995 Toy. 4 cylinder, 5 speed, 22RE. I've had it for about 5 years, when I got it, it had 127.xxxx. Now it has 267.xxxx. no problems, I have replaced the battery. and now the clutch is getting ready to have to be replaced. I love my truck. I only wish I had the ex cab. It gets pretty small when myself and 2 dogs get in the truck. Most dependable ride I've ever had. I'm 61 today, female. ...