1994 Toyota Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Toyota Pickup
- Do I need a Speed Sensor Gear when replacing the Speed Sensor W/Seal?
- water leak at timing chain cover do you have to take head off to fix right
- the engine shuts off by it self what can it be?
- where is the ac expansion valve located in a 1994 toyota pickup with a 2.4L.
- why does 1994 Toyota 22RE 2.4L engine surge while holding the accelerator steady
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Toyota Pickup Problems
At higher mileages (125,000 -150,000) the power steering pump may begin to leak on the 6 cylinder vehicles and could require replacement.
The timing chain can develop a rattling noise caused by failing timing chain guides. This is often due to extended mileage intervals between oil changes that allows the oil to become dirty and abrasive which wears away the timing chain guides until they fail. The timing chain and guides should be inspected at each valve adjustment, otherwise serious engine damage may result.ignition lock cylinder.
1994 Toyota Pickup Questions
1994 engine 22r-e 4cyl 2.4l
1994 Toyota Pickup Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1994 Toyota Pickup Reviews
I have had mine for over 13 years - its been in two accidents and still runs like a champ. I haul rocks and wood and junk all the time and it keeps on going. Just timing belt change, brakes and belts. though I have to do ball joints and muffler in the near future. Great in the snow and fine off road. Its been a loyal friend and I would like to keep it forever.
I agree with all the praise of this vehicle. Unfortunately after 192500 I noticed it started running hot. Three days ago it overheated due to no coolant. Filled the radiator and the next day the truck will not start. I checked the oil- and it seems to be mixed with the coolant. (chocalate-brown runny fluid). Advise on internet says blwon head gasket or even a cracked head. OUCH!!!! any advise...
A 94 toyota pickup with 4 wheel drive the front driveline will turn when engaged the front hubs will not engage. Is there any other part that could go wrong besides the front switch or vacume leak . Both appear to be ok.