1992 Toyota Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Toyota Pickup
- what would cause these symtoms,truck runs extremly rich,black soot from exhoust,
- 92 toyota pickup with a 22re engine would start but won't turnover.
- I'm changing engine and using my harness which was unplug from my computer
- I need a diagram on how to rout the harness from the computer to under hood
- my truck wants to start but will not stay running?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Toyota Pickup Problems
At higher mileages (125,000 -150,000) the power steering pump may begin to leak on the 6 cylinder vehicles and could require replacement.
The timing chain can develop a rattling noise caused by failing timing chain guides. This is often due to extended mileage intervals between oil changes that allows the oil to become dirty and abrasive which wears away the timing chain guides until they fail. The timing chain and guides should be inspected at each valve adjustment, otherwise serious engine damage may result.
The Ignition Coil wire insulation is often rubbed through by the Primary wiring harness which will cause a stalling/no-start condition. The coil wire will need to be replaced and the primary harness will need to be repaired and re-routed.
1992 Toyota Pickup Questions
poor acceleration,missing,check engine light on ,shows no diagnostic code,
after plug it back I need a diagram so everything can fall back in place
1992 Toyota Pickup Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1992 Toyota Pickup Reviews
I own this truck with the 2.4l 4 cyl 22re. Everything on this truck works as well as it did when it was new. However it has slight problems with frame rust. The timing chain problem is also problematic. The 22re is efficient, durable, and provides a suprising amount of low end torque. Due to the gearing the truck is able to utilise tires up to and beyond 32" without losing much acceleration. ...
My 1992 Toyota is a great little truck. I bought it with about 145K miles on it and have done nothing but drive it. It survived a 60 mph crash only needing some new plastic in the grille. It is driven hard off and on road as a work truck. As long as you do regular maintenance they run forever. My truck has 190,000 miles runs great and never misses a beat. You take care of it and it does the...
Very durable truck who doesnt love toyota's. Does seem to need repaired a lot but a least a guy with little mechanic knowledge can do it. For the most part