1991 Toyota Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Toyota Pickup
- motor won't turn over hear loud click on psngr side put on new starter what next
- Hard to shift like clutch is not engaging fully. Is there an adj. push rod?
- sometimes truck starter want turn hear click behind passenger kick panel.
- where is break light fuse located on 1991 Toyota pick-up locates
- i have a idling problem it will go up and down from 15oo to 2000 and doesnt stop
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1991 Toyota Pickup Problems
At higher mileages (125,000 -150,000) the power steering pump may begin to leak on the 6 cylinder vehicles and could require replacement.
The timing chain can develop a rattling noise caused by failing timing chain guides. This is often due to extended mileage intervals between oil changes that allows the oil to become dirty and abrasive which wears away the timing chain guides until they fail. The timing chain and guides should be inspected at each valve adjustment, otherwise serious engine damage may result.
The Ignition Coil wire insulation is often rubbed through by the Primary wiring harness which will cause a stalling/no-start condition. The coil wire will need to be replaced and the primary harness will need to be repaired and re-routed.
1991 Toyota Pickup Questions
problem is not constant. when happens can turn key off and on quickly 4 or 5 times ,it cranks.
New clutch installed. New slave cylinder.
what is making this click? keep switching key off and on to start clicks each time then starts
1991 Toyota Pickup Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1990-1995 4Runner, 1990-1995 pickup, and 1993-1998 Toyota T100 trucks because the steering relay rod may crack under stress. This may increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering relay rod.
1991 Toyota Pickup Reviews
bullet proof best buy i ever made
This is the only vehicle I ever bought new, and for 18 years now I have never once regretted my ownership. They'll probably have to burry me in it! As for the quality and reliability - it rocks! With 180K miles on it, I have never had to do any major service or parts replacement. With just regular oil changes, the 4-cylinder (22RE) is rock-solid, burns no oil, puts out like-new power and ...
Most of the underside still original parts, most parts are pretty cheap and easy to replace. 22re engine that runs like new, transmission took a crap right around 208,000 miles due to pin falling out of 4th gear. Quick fix of 2 grand, runs like a champ again with 211,295 miles. A/C non existent anymore, but could scramble an egg on the dash during a blizzard. learned that if one of the four, ba...