1994 Toyota Paseo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Toyota Paseo
- Engine Problems Due to Pickup/Iginition Coil Failure Inside Distributor
- Throttle Position Sensor Out of Adjustment Due to Wear/Carbon Build-up
- Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly at High Mileages
- Engine mount on driver side can wear with high mileage
- Replace Oxygen Sensor When Servicing EGR System
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Toyota Paseo Problems
The ignition coil inside the distributor can fail. There will be a hesitation on acceleration, especially when the vehicle is warming up on cold, rainy days. The pickup coil inside the distributor can also fail and cause a no-start condition. There have also been some failures of the radio noise suppressor inside the distributor, which can short out. Our technicians recommend replacing the whole distributor with a complete, genuine Toyota distributor if any of its components fail.
The Throttle Position Sensor can get out of adjustment due to wear in the throttle body or due to carbon build up. This will cause the idle timing to advance more than 30 degrees which will cause very high HC and NOx emissions. Conversely, the Throttle Position Sensors can wear out and not properly advance the timing which causes a lack of power and poor fuel economy.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
1994 Toyota Paseo Questions
my 94 toyota paseo wont pass smog because the idle is at 2000., how would i fix that? and is it worth it? otherwise its a good car.
has a new battery but car will not start
where is the neutral safety switch located and can it be bypassed for testing?