1992 Toyota Paseo Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Toyota Paseo
- Engine Problems Due to Pickup/Iginition Coil Failure Inside Distributor
- Throttle Position Sensor Out of Adjustment Due to Wear/Carbon Build-up
- Automatic Transmission May Not Shift Correctly at High Mileages
- Engine mount on driver side can wear with high mileage
- Replace Oxygen Sensor When Servicing EGR System
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Toyota Paseo Problems
The ignition coil inside the distributor can fail. There will be a hesitation on acceleration, especially when the vehicle is warming up on cold, rainy days. The pickup coil inside the distributor can also fail and cause a no-start condition. There have also been some failures of the radio noise suppressor inside the distributor, which can short out. Our technicians recommend replacing the whole distributor with a complete, genuine Toyota distributor if any of its components fail.
The Throttle Position Sensor can get out of adjustment due to wear in the throttle body or due to carbon build up. This will cause the idle timing to advance more than 30 degrees which will cause very high HC and NOx emissions. Conversely, the Throttle Position Sensors can wear out and not properly advance the timing which causes a lack of power and poor fuel economy.
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
1992 Toyota Paseo Questions
fuel pump relay located on a 1991 toyota paseo?
I need a image and instructions
1992 Toyota Paseo Reviews
I bought this car from a private dealer in June of 08. It has had a lot of problems, but I believe it is from the previous owner. Wires were corroded, battery was leaking, and the car had been salvaged. (Wasn't told that!) I've put a lot of money into it; brand new brakes, complete tune-up, new battery, etc. Considering all the problems, the car is still running. With 172,000 miles on it,...
My Toyota Paseo has 270,00 miles in it,just put 2nd timing belt in it. I am having trouble locating complete strut assembly direct bolt on. Anyone out there who can steer me to right path?
Great car - fantastic reliability We have had this car for 6 years and it is now on 230,000 kms Only changed battery & tyres plus oil Doesnt leak creak or over heat fantastic