2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder
- when downshifting there is a rattling noise from motor like something is loose
- what rpm should my car be at 70m/hr
- when getting new tires should you have an alignment done on mr2 spyder?
- Transmission goes into neutral while driving?
- I have a 2002 MR2 5-speed Automatic that slips out of 4th. And 5th. And grinds.
2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Problems
Occasionally the timing chain and sprockets need replacement due to premature wear and problems with the variable valve timing system (VVTi).
2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Questions
many owners of mr2's say never and dealers usually say yes.
What could cause this noise. It also has started backfiring.
2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Reviews
Best car I have ever owned. Fun to drive.
Very spacious inside compared to similar models by other manufacturers. Economical and fun to drive, convertable top opens and closes easily in less than 5 seconds. Excellent engine and drive train; my model has the sequential manual transmission which is fun and convenient.