2006 Toyota Matrix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Toyota Matrix
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Toyota Matrix Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
The bolts attaching the front door window glass to the window regulator may come loose. This can cause the window regulator to become damaged and possibly causing the window glass to break. Some 2003 & 2004 models have been recalled for the issue.
2006 Toyota Matrix Questions
When I turn car off it will sometimes blow hot air.
running along on highway, car was running fine, started slowing down & just died. Heard slight ticking sound.
With my manual heating system selected to high heat, fan on, and air directed to the windscreen, I only get heat on the drivers side. When I select the air to flow through the dash and to the floor, I ony get heat through the extreme left vent. At no time can i get heat to the left side of the ca...
2006 Toyota Matrix Recalls
Toyota is recalling certain 2005-2008 Corolla and Matrix models because a crack may develop on a circuit board inside the engine control module (ECM). Consequences associated with this defect include: illumination of the Check Engine Light and harsh transmission shifting. The engine may not start or it could stall while driving, which can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the ECM and replace as necessary.
Southeast Toyota is recalling 2005–2011 models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models were sold without the proper load-carrying capacity modification labels, which may cause the driver to overload the vehicle, increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.