2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Problems
The power windows and mirrors stop working because of a problem with an electrical junction block—where power from the battery is distributed to that system.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Questions
Traction control light illuminates for no reason and locks right front break weekly
We have replaced the two valves i think something to do with the injectors
clanking from either tranny or drivetrain. mechanic didn't want to change tranny oil due to "cavities." he said it might be nothing wrong.
2000 Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
Getting ready to sell at 166K miles. Still tight as a drum, but here is what has happened since new: (1)transmission just gave out, no warning, but something gave way at the front and shredded the gears, replaced with salvaged unit for $3K. (2) Exhaust manifold cracked around 120K. (3) Sensor (O2?) failed around 100K, limited throttle response. (4) Stereo fried (5) 'D' light on dash we...
YR2000. No problems at 135K MILES. slight discolorations of interior panel after being in the TX heat & sun. Engine runs well with synthetic oil ( Royal Purple 5W30-needs to change only at 10-12K intervals). Headlights lamps may need new reflectors. Maintains great alignment even after taking into the mud pits and offroading. Braking systems can be slightly better to stop on inclines. Interior...
just bought this with 106k. has the grey int and in great shape. bought it sight unseen after seller assured me, "no surprizes." only one: the drivetrain (tranny?) clunks into gear. mechanic says could last 100k more but didn't want to change tranny oil. only paid 13k so new tranny wont kill me.