1992 Toyota Land Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser
- What is the reason of Radiator to lose water to storage tank with no overheatin
- what is the head bolt torque specss on 4.0 litre straight 6
- what sensor do i have to replace if vehicle is throwing black smoke.
- replaced head gasket no oil is coming up to rocker arms now
- what happens when timing belt brakes
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser Problems
At higher mileages (125,000 -150,000) the power steering pump may begin to leak on the 6 cylinder vehicles and could require replacement.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser Questions
1992 toyota land cruiser need the ft lb torque specs 4.0 6 cylinder.
is there a sensor under the thermostat that is for the fuel?
but i do have oil pressure. Is either a head bolt or a rocker assembly bolt blocking the oil possibly?
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser Recalls
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
Details dash lights flash of and on, amp guage moves up and down from half way mark, when air-con is on it surges fast then slow, when speed up on freeway 100ks, air-con goes warm, have leaned battery terminals, tightened all belts, battery not going flat, and alternator seems to be charging ok, what do you think. dave..