1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Why won't Land Cruiser start? Why don't I have lights inside or outside?
- where is the fuel filter located on this vehicle. have looked under car as well
- Radio displays "sec" after dead battery, Where can find the code or can I reset it?
- TIMING or FUEL/system & pressure-problem ??HELP PLEASE!
- start and run for about 15 to 20 minutes and cut out.Takes 20-60 min to restart
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Problems
At higher mileages (125,000 -150,000) the power steering pump may begin to leak on the 6 cylinder vehicles and could require replacement.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Questions
A/T temp light on, red light above battery on. Have replaced battery, primary ignition under hood, new cap & rotor. Land Cruiser died 2 weeks ago.My son, a mechanic is running out of ideas.
please help me
The radio has stopped working and there is an image of a key highlighted on the right side of the radio. The display reads "sec" and nothing works. Is there somewhere I can look on the car for the security key? Is it a series of digits or a set button sequence I need to push? Can I rese...