1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Not wanting to start sometimes when warmed up, then shut off for a bit. Turns over fine with spark. Trys to start but won't. Cools down then starts.
- My air conditioning turn on but no cold air comes out only hot air, what is wron
- my cdl can i unplug it & it still work in lo 4x4 ?
- Why won't Land Cruiser start? Why don't I have lights inside or outside?
- where is the fuel filter located on this vehicle. have looked under car as well
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Problems
At higher mileages (125,000 -150,000) the power steering pump may begin to leak on the 6 cylinder vehicles and could require replacement.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Questions
I've changed mass air flow meter. Plugs ,cap, wires and rotor. Even changed evap canister because of tank pressure.
A/T temp light on, red light above battery on. Have replaced battery, primary ignition under hood, new cap & rotor. Land Cruiser died 2 weeks ago.My son, a mechanic is running out of ideas.
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Recalls
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Reviews
285,000 miles with little repair. She needs some work now, but there's still a lot of miles left in this vehicle.