2004 Toyota Highlander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Toyota Highlander
- Now what!!! Check engine light and Trac lights on.. tried the gas cap.. nope!
- check engine light and trac lights on, reset but the light come back on @ 90 miles down the road.
- It is in need of a drive shaft. Roughly what would it cost?
- 2004 Toyota Highlander making a loud roar in rear. What is causing this?
- Catalytic converter malfunction code on diagnostic. Could there be another cause
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Toyota Highlander Problems
When changing the air filter, it is easy to knock off a hose on the air filter housing, which is part of the emission control system. If the vehicle is driven with this hose disconnected, the Check Engine Light will illuminate.
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
2004 Toyota Highlander Questions
The In-Console rear entertainment system DVD player stopped working. Do you know the Toyota Part Number for this? I am trying to find an inexpensive replacement.
2004 Toyota Highlander Recalls
The amount of adhesive applied between the inner and outer parts of the crankshaft pulley may be inadequate. If this is the case, the outer ring may become misaligned and/or not properly rotate with the inner ring, causing an abnormal noise and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light. In some cases, the power steering belt could come off resulting in a loss of power steering assist, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the crankshaft pulley and replace it if necessary.
The floor carpet cover may interfere with the accelerator pedal if its forward retention clip is not installed properly. As a result, the throttle can become stuck in a partially open position, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the carpet cover with a newly designed one. No owner notification schedule has been provided at this time.
2004 Toyota Highlander Reviews
have 91000k on vehicle ,very reliable, gas mileage ok not great. The 4 cylinder is a little sluggish but overall a great suv .
Bought this vehicle new in February of 2004. Just turned 91500 miles. To date the only things replaced are headlights and battery. Decided to be proactive with the battery and test it before winter. Tested at half the amps so went ahead and replaced it. Runs great and drives great. Look forward to another 91500 miles.
160,000 miles and no problems to report ever! Still on the original brake pads! Car handles like new. What a great vehicle. Expect it to last to 300,000 miles or more...