2002 Toyota Highlander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Toyota Highlander
- what is the average cost of replacing rear brakes?
- Highlander LE ignition turns on nice then the car dies
- My TRAC OFF and VSC light are "on" at start, go "off" but come back "on" as I dr
- when engine turned on in the morning...a squealing occurs for appx 1 0r 2 mins...then stops.
- when engine starts there is a squeaking from the belt area....
2002 Toyota Highlander Problems
When changing the air filter, it is easy to knock off a hose on the air filter housing, which is part of the emission control system. If the vehicle is driven with this hose disconnected, the Check Engine Light will illuminate.
A problematic center airbag sensor can cause the airbag malfunction light to illuminate.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
2002 Toyota Highlander Questions
The VSC, Trac system does not respond to switch. It stays "off." Any suggestions?
2002 Toyota Highlander Recalls
2002 Toyota Highlander Reviews
Great car but there are few rattles in the interior and it rides/handles like a minivan. Very roomy with large cargo area. Pleasant interior.