2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- how do you replace bulb on 3rd brake light?
- We were looking at the rear light system to put a quick connect trailer lighting
- abs pump noise most of the time (sounds like refilling or pumping)
- the doesnt move but the engine starts. Check Hybrid System, Check VSR system
- After changing motor oil displayed the massage Check hybrid System
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Problems
When changing the air filter, it is easy to knock off a hose on the air filter housing, which is part of the emission control system. If the vehicle is driven with this hose disconnected, the Check Engine Light will illuminate.
2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Questions
we opened the left light backing and touched the wiring and the turn signals went out and now we cant get them to work. We checked fuses and bulbs and they are all good...all the other lights work but the turn signals. Does anyone have any ideas
abs pump noise most of the time (sounds like refilling or pumping)
The Engine starts but it doesnt move at all. it doesnt raise.
2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Recalls
Two of the main control modules for the hybrid drive system are the Inverter Module and the Intelligent Power Module (IPM), which is located inside the Invertor Module. The IPM can operate at temperatures high enough to damage its electrical solder connections. Damaged solder joints can result in illumination of warning lights, various drivability concerns, and possible stalling of the hybrid drive system. Dealers will replace the IPM on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
The amount of adhesive applied between the inner and outer parts of the crankshaft pulley may be inadequate. If this is the case, the outer ring may become misaligned and/or not properly rotate with the inner ring, causing an abnormal noise and/or illumination of the Check Engine Light. In some cases, the power steering belt could come off resulting in a loss of power steering assist, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the crankshaft pulley and replace it if necessary.
A module inside the hybrid drive inverter module may contain inadequately soldered transistors. These solder joints could fail under high electrical loads, resulting in illumination of various dashboard warning lights, drivability concerns, and/or engine stalling. If the vehicle were to stop unexpectedly, this would increase the risk of a crash. Owners will be notified in July 2011 if their vehicle is involved in this recall. They will received a second notice when parts become available. Dealers will inspect the hybrid inverter module production number to determine if the inverter contains the suspect transistors. They will replace any affected modules.