2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser Problems
The left foot rest pedal may become loose or fall off completely. Replacement of the pedal may be required if this occurs.
2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser Questions
I just replaced my spare to match recently replaced rims/tires. All of a sudden, my pressure indicator light came on. Does the original spare come equipped with a tire pressure sensor?
2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser Recalls
Certain FJ models were equipped with auxiliary driving lights mounted to the front bumper. If these lights are used in conjunction with the high beam headlights, the total illumination exceeds federal safety standards. The resulting glare to oncoming traffic could reduce visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the original 55 watt auxiliary driving light bulbs with 35 watt bulbs to correct this concern.
The driver and passenger front seat belt retractors are located in the rear doors. If the rear doors are repeatedly closed with excessive force the door panel may crack. If cracks occur around to lower seat belt retractor anchor the retractor could come loose, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Toyota is currently developing a remedy for this problem.
Due to a calibration error, the tire pressure monitoring system warning light may not illuminate to warn of incorrect tire pressure. Driving with the incorrect tire pressure can result in tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will re-initialize the tire pressure monitoring system to restore proper operation. Toyota has not provided a notification schedule at this time.