1991 Toyota Cressida Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Toyota Cressida
- I can drive my car around 20 miles and smoke will come out from under the hood,
- My car was overheating losing a little fluid out of rad.
- About how much am i looking at costing me for parts and labor to fix head gasket
- how do i get the driver door to open if i cant get it to unlock?
- WHERE IS THE PCV VALVE LOCATED IN MY 1991 TOYOTA CRESSIDA?
1991 Toyota Cressida Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The power steering pump may develop a leak requiring replacement of the pump.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
1991 Toyota Cressida Questions
What could it be?
Can i get referred to a affordable an trustworthy mechanic plz?
MY ENGINE YEAR IN A 1991.