1990 Toyota Cressida Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Toyota Cressida
- My cresida wont move except in reverse replaced filter and changed fluid but no
- what are the possible causes of a no crank/no start and no power?
- car cranks and idles step on the gas pedal.the car shuts off.
- Car stutters only when I am going from 1st to 2nd gear in slow traffic
- The auto trans is slipping in gear as I give it more gas. Moves very slow to get
1990 Toyota Cressida Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The power steering pump may develop a leak requiring replacement of the pump.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
1990 Toyota Cressida Questions
Happens in stop and go traffic on city streets and freeway. Other gears are fine.