2004 Toyota Corolla Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Toyota Corolla
- my toyota corolla 2004 model automatic transmission first gear cant pick or move
- A 2004 Toyota Corolla A/C abruptly stopped working. Compressor doesn't come on.
- Why did my fuel mileage suddenly drop substantially (from 30 mpg to 20 mpg)?
- Gas meter stopped working on 04 Corolla with 136,485 miles on it. Why?
- dome light will not come on with door or switch, has voltage at light bulb good
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Toyota Corolla Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
The mass air flow sensor on higher mileage cars occasionally needs to be cleaned or replaced if sluggish acceleration is experienced or the Check Engine Light is illuminated with a mass air flow meter sensor fault code stored.
The bolts attaching the front door window glass to the window regulator may come loose. This can cause the window regulator to become damaged and possibly causing the window glass to break. Some 2003 & 2004 models have been recalled for the issue.
2004 Toyota Corolla Questions
This first happened at around 80,000 miles. I replaced the spark plugs and that fixed the issue.
At about 142,000 miles (beginning of this year), my CEL came on and car was vibrating especially when idle. The code (I don't remember what it was) suggested that ignition coil #1 was faulty,...
Gas tank was 1/2 full but the meter was showing it was empty. Went to gas station to fill it up and the gas meter still did not move. Any idea why or how much it will cost to fix it?
checked the voltage at the light and has power, i suspect the circut (the ground is not being made) don't know what to check next
2004 Toyota Corolla Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
When deployed, excessive pressure can build in the passenger front airbag. This could cause the inflator to rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury to vehicle occupants. This recall affects both originally installed passenger front airbags as well as those that were installed as replacement service parts. Toyota and General Motors will replace the passenger front airbag inflator on their respective vehicles involved in this recall.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator module found.
2004 Toyota Corolla Reviews
This is a great car with excellent gas mileage. I have about 71k miles on my corolla and I have not had anything problems with it.
has worked perfectly for 102K miles, so far. The only thing that died was the radio/cd player, at about 80K miles.
Now have 108K. No major repairs. Excellent and fun car to drive. Mainly driven by wife as a commuter car. Below is every item I have had to do to the car since purchased new in 2004. For the most part it is just common sense wear and tear/preventative maintenance stuff. Brake pads at 58K pads and rotors coming before 109k. Oil changes every 4-6k using either an OEM, Bosch Filtec or Mann oil f...