1999 Toyota Corolla Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Toyota Corolla
- Are rear brakes the same as front brakes?
- A mechanic found Fuel Trim System too lean. The fuel trims to be very high, fuel System too lean bank 1. What does it need to be done in order to fix this problem?
- where is the ac fan and radiator fan located on a 94 corolla
- How it would cost me to replace the engine mounts? (Front & Passenger)
- I want to change the horns. Is it to difficult for a non-mechanic.
1999 Toyota Corolla Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
The mass air flow sensor on higher mileage cars occasionally needs to be cleaned or replaced if sluggish acceleration is experienced or the Check Engine Light is illuminated with a mass air flow meter sensor fault code stored.
There are occasional reports of daytime running light problems.
1999 Toyota Corolla Questions
1999 Toyota Corolla Reviews
Runs great,very dependable, great gas mileage. Interior has issues, door panels warping, headliner separating, and the inside door handle breaking which is a guarantee and not only with this model, but is very inexpensive to order and relatively easy to replace.
GOOD CAR RUNS GREAT AND GOOD GAS MILAGE
Its no wonder that this is one of the best selling cars of all time worldwide. The engine is bulletproof, the car is light and tossable, and the styling is pretty boring. The only problems I've had so far are the peeling interior cloth door trim and faded paint surrounding the hood. Besides that, I can't complain.