1995 Toyota Corolla Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Toyota Corolla
- Good battery but car will not turn over.
- Brake lite/transmission switch on brake pedal has failed.
- why does my 95 Toyota corolla cuts off once you start it,
- My speedometer fluctuates from 0 to 120 while driving maybe 55 or 30?
- when i turn the key to start only the battery light comes on a it a new battery
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1995 Toyota Corolla Problems
The engine mount on the passenger side of the car can wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts and the faulty mount will need to be replaced.
If the engine will not crank over, the most common problem is the starter. These will tend to go out at about 100,00-125,000 miles. Sometimes it is only the starter solenoid, but often the complete starter (including solenoid) needs to be replaced.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1995 Toyota Corolla Questions
Brake lights stay on all the time, when I unhook switch cannot shift out of park, button disabled on shifter
Last night while I was driving the speedometer needle moved erratically.. I was not moving more than 50 mph and even when I slowed down it kept fluctuating. This was the first time that it has happened.
1995 Toyota Corolla Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1995 Corolla and Tacoma models for a defective weld inside the positive and/or negative terminal, which may allow the connection inside the terminal to separate. This can result in a no-start condition or the battery could explode. Dealers will replace the defective batteries.
1995 Toyota Corolla Reviews
starts and runs fine when leaving for work. when i try to start to go home, it turns over and wants to catch but wont. changed the altinator, it was fine about a month. then changed the plugs, it was fine about a month. Now doing it again. it does it sporadically - always starts up in morning, but then problems after sitting. wont start first couple trys, but then will after sitting for a whil...
I need help! I got a nice toyota corolla 1995 DX 1.6. Recently I had to change the ignition module and a 30 amp fuse. The car start good. Weird noise in the motor tho'. My problem is that now my car won't shift. Is automatic, stays in 1 gear all the way to 35 and I release the gas, hit the gas but still no shift. Check all the wires, and everything is in place. What could it be? A speed sensor?
I bought a 95 Corolla DX 6 years ago for my son when he graduated from Purdue. He drove it 3 years in Chicago and got a company car then. He asked me if I wanted it back so I took it back. I've drove it 3 years now and can't believe how good of a car this is. It has a 5 speed and gets 30MPG + in the summer. The only thing I've had to do is replace the clutch slave cylinder, easy job did it my s...