1993 Toyota Corolla Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Toyota Corolla
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1993 Toyota Corolla Problems
The engine mount on the passenger side of the car can wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts and the faulty mount will need to be replaced.
If the engine will not crank over, the most common problem is the starter. These will tend to go out at about 100,00-125,000 miles. Sometimes it is only the starter solenoid, but often the complete starter (including solenoid) needs to be replaced.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
1993 Toyota Corolla Questions
How much for head gasket and timing chain replacement?
It's leaking oil very badly..
how much will it cost to replace my head gasket.
1993 Toyota Corolla Recalls
Toyota is recalling 1993-1994 Corolla models because an unused harness connector for power windows, power door locks, and sunroof was improperly routed under the floor carpet in the left kick panel. In cold weather areas where road salt is used, the water from a driver's foot can penetrate the carpet, drop onto the connector, and form a salt bridge between the terminals. This can cause an electrical short, which may result in a fire. Dealers will remove the unused harness connector.
1993 Toyota Corolla Reviews
toyota corolla 1993 is the best car i love it tooooooo much